This month I got quite a few books. But it’s actually a bit less than I have gotten in previous months. I’m not going to give a complete synopsis for each of these book as this post would be miles long :p. Anyways, let’s get to the new books I got….
1) The Unexpected Everything by: Morgan Matson
- This book was all over my Instagram this past month. Now I’m not normally one for contemporary novels, but a lot of people who I follow on Instagram and YouTube loved this book. I hope I like this book also and don’t find it cheesy like some of the contemporary novels I’ve read in the past. With all the dogs on the cover I don’t think I could go wrong with this book.
2) Saga Vol.1-5 by: Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
- These have to be some of the greatest graphic novels I have ever read. This series follows two soldiers from opposing sides of a galactic war that fall in love and have a baby. Both fighting side do not want news of this baby to get out, and so ensues the race to find the deserters and their child and dispose of them. I literally read all five of these books in one sitting, and I can’t wait to put up my review of them for you guys. There is some mature content in these graphic novels so please read at your own discretion
3) Obsidian by: Jennifer L. Armentrout
- This is the first ever Jennifer L. Armentrout book that I own. I see her books everywhere and decided that I would give her a try. Obsidian has been recommended by a lot of people, but the only things I know about it are there are alien and something about light. Hopefully I can get to this series rather quickly.
4) Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
- After surviving and F-5 tornado that killed his parents, Vane can only remember a beautiful, dark haired girl. She now haunts his dreams, and he desperately wants her to be real. Audra is real and she is Vane’s guardian and she must protect Vane as they both run from those who killed their parents. When I first heard this premisis I knew I had to have this book, and now I do 🙂
5) Let the Storm Break by: Shannon Messenger
- This is the second book in the Sky Fall series. I have not yet read anything of the premisis because I dont want to spoil the first one.
6) Blue Exorcist Vol. 1 by: Kazue Kato
- Barnes and Noble had a sale on Manga a few weeks back, and I decided to get this one. I’ve heard a tiny bit about it, but my brother watched the anime and really liked it. So hears hoping that this manga is great!
7) The Black Prism by: Brent Weeks
- If you guys follow Regan or PeruseProject on YouTube, then you have probably heard how much she fawns over this book and series. I had been looking for a new chunky high fantasy read and picked this one up due to her recommendation. I’m super excited to read this and see how the magic system works in this book.
8) This Savage Song by: Victoria Schwab
- This book was one of my most anticipated reads of this year. I have not yet read anything by Victoria Schwab, but just about everyone I know loves her writing and recommends her a lot. This book will definitely be interesting because it is a YA book that does not contain any romance whatsoever.
9) And I Darken by: Kiersten White
- I absolutely love Target as they have a pretty great selection of YA books, but they also get a bunch of signed copies. One day I had a bit of time to spare and I browsed to books and found the last signed copy that Target had left. Of course I couldn’t pass it up! I don’t know much about this book other than it is a Vlad the Impailer retelling that is gender flipped.
10) The Demon King by: Cinda Williams Chima
- This is yet another book the Regan at PeruseProject recommended. Again, I wanted more high fantasy books to read and figured I’d give this one a go too.
11) A World Without You by: Beth Revis
- I read Beth Revis’ Across the Universe series in June and loved them. When I found out she was coming out with a new book and really soon, I just had to get it. There have been some mixed reviews on this book, and I’d really like to read it and make my own opinions on the book. I’m hoping to get to this one rather soon and quench my craving for some more of her writing.
Well these are all the books that I got in the month of July. Let me know if you guys have read any of these books and if there are any more that you would recommend I read in the comments. I’d love to hear from you!