Hello, my name is Chelcie, and welcome to my blog. As I am new to this and new to talking to all of you, I figured I would share some facts about me so you can get to know me better 🙂
- I am a book addict. I’m sure as I continue with this blog this fact will become more and more prevalent. I’m also hoping this blog will open the door to talk to many more book addicts like myself.
- My cat, Rex, is bae. If you follow me on Instagram, Booknerdchelcie, you will come across a multitude of pictures featuring him. He loves to lay with me and cuddle while I read. Or he will lay in the most weirdest positions, and I just have to get a shot of him like that with a book. And, yes, if you’d like to go ahead and follow me so you can see more posts of him and some of my many books.
- Maggie Stiefvater is my favorite author. I will warn you now that I will talk a lot about her and her amazing books. This May, I am actually planning on going to one of her signings on the Raven King book tour. Yes, you will hear all about it over and over and over again. #sorrynotsorry
- I make crafts out of duct tape. for the past few years I have made things such as wallets, hair bows, coin pouches, and, most recently, bookmarks out of duct tape. I even created a duct tape “painting” of Ana and Elsa for my friend’s daughter’s birthday (it was essentially a large canvas covered with a picture made out of duct tape). I sell a bunch of these crafts in my Storenvy shop. If you’re a crazy book lover check out my bookmarks. I’ve taken a lot of inspiration for the designs from books I’ve read.
- I currently own 5 horses. Since I was 4, I’d always waned to have a horse and be a horse trainer one day. I got my first horse right before I turned 14 and acquired the rest within the past 2 years. My newest horse is in Texas right now and I’m going to use her for a horse training clinic I’m attending in May. Then she’ll come up here so I can take jumping lessons.
- I sneeze when I have milk. This is probably the most random fact on this list. Don’t ask me how or why as it has baffled me since it started. No, I am not allergic to milk, I just sneeze when I have it.
- love photography. Throughout high school and college I took a plethora of photography courses in both darkroom and digital. Last summer I purchased a Canon T5 Rebel, and many of the pictures you will see posted here are taken with that camera. I love the camera to death, but it can get annoying carrying around the ginormous camera bag it comes with.
- One day I want to be a New York Times Bestselling Author. From the time I could write I have been jotting down little stories or scenes as I like to call them. One of these days I will have wrangle up the ideas in my head and string the scenes together and create a book or multiple books.
- Give me fish snacks and I will love you forever. Goldfish or Swedish fish work best for gaining my love 🙂
- Brett Eldredge is my all time favorite singer. While my music taste ranges from Disney to Punk Rock, Brett is still top of the list. I have seen him twice in concert and plan on seeing him many more times, hopefully front row one of these times.
Well, there you have it. Now that you have seen a bit into the life of Chelcie, I hope to be able to get to know all of you more. I can’t wait to continue this blog and see where it takes me in the months to come 🙂